This is our story on trying to start a family, Hoping for a happy ending

Our path to parenthood that lead to IVF/ICSI & a WHOLE lot more

Thursday 3 May 2012

My donor nightmare - a warning to all

COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN OF THE WORST KIND



2 May 2012

Well I know in these modern times its pretty cool to do anything via text, break up with your boyfriend, cancel plans with people at a minute's notice - seemingly anything goes and listed up all you potential egg donors out there - don't want to do it anymore for any reason - just send a text to your donor saying saying
"Im gona try send u an email in the next few days, just thoulg wld let u kno Im not ready to cycle again yet, sorry late noticebut though u shld know before ur app tomoz" (gotta love how the younger generatoin spell hey!! this is at 6.15pm to when its too late to phone your Dr and cancel the appointment.

H & I obvious reaction was what the hell is going on?? When we last spoke on Sunday she was all good to go & for me to get dates from my FS. What had happened? We had not had a fight or cross words? Her first cycle got cancelled big deal, its much better than the alternative then her ending up in hospital having her ovaries drained to OHSS.

Well today I spent the day in tears & H was not much better, I wrote the donor an email last night trying to get to the bottom of it all but heard nothing, I sent a text asking if she could read my email & respond before 9.30 am so I could let my Dr know what was  happening but nah nothing. I was so distraught I phoned the counsellor we had all out sessions with and she was in total shock & no it wasn't all my side as I read to her the text messages I had sent leading up to this & following. She was again in shock and thought this donor had presented as a good candidate but she was obviously wrong.
The counsellor suggested sending a text to her asking if we could have a chat, she didn't reply so I left her a message on the forums asking if we could have a chat (which - don't laugh the banned me for - like I care I have so many email addresses I can re-join to advertise or be back on there again tomorrow if I want!!)

I dont know even now what I did,  I just said all the things that I thought were the right things and made sure she knew no blame was placed on her as what was there to blame her for?? She can't help what happened with the medication.

So read the email  my responses below & take heed, you can pay all the money for everything you need your donor to do, they can sign all the paperwork and they can take something you say & twist it around into something to make a HUGE issue of IE: nothing.


Please be careful out there as I wold hate to see this happen to another donor so steer clear anyone who apppproaches you from Egg donation Australia, as they will find you on other sites advertising and poach you to come to their site which is a little mean girls club. They want you to jump through hoops & tell them your most intimate details then if you are deemed worthy, one of them may pick you to to donate too. Then take back her promise of donation.

On a serious not writing this has helped me feel stronger and take my power back. You give people the power to make you feel bad and at the end of the day what did I really do, nothing but be kind & generous and let someone into my heart. My journey will go on and thank god this happened now & before a child was involved. If what I have to offer in the way of friendship, support & care isnt enough for you - well it is for plenty others.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...